🍅 TomatoTent Community

Noisy Fan Replacement Program

I think the purchasing site needs to be fixed:
gold

Oops.

Thanks. Fixed

1 Like

@Volker
Wow, great customer service! The new fan is remarkably silent. This will be great!

4 Likes

Damn… that old fan sound Nasty!!

Love ya work @Volker

Cheers,
JDUB

I would love to chip in some $$$ for the replacement fan but spent $110 on a new carbon filter because my neighbour contacted my landlord about strange smells coming from my garage. Chopped it a week or two early. Had time dry it but fair to say I won’t be growing for abit.

Sorry to hear that.

If thats ok with you, I will send you a double filter LED as soon as they’re ready. They you’ll have 2 carbon filters running.

Hi @Volker

Has a smell test been done with the 2 filter system?? A video on this somehow measuring would be great plus good marketing on your product…

Sorry to hear @Rattlehead989 … did you have any filter running?

I was using the single filter I got with the tent. I probably should have bought a replacement filter sooner but money has been tight. This is what I bought.

Hopefully it works well when I start growing again. (Probably will wait til summer)

@Rattlehead989

So the single filter works fine … its just that you needed to replace yours??

How often should you replace the filter?

Im a little worried now as i live in a tiny apartment with regular inspections from land lord… i was planning on putting the tent in the built in robe hidden… Im hoping there is no smell :hushed:

The average time to replace the filter is around 1.5-3 years. Sometimes one can also just open the filter housing and replace the activated carbon inside.

As my package included no carbon filter I bought one at Amazon. It’s also a huge 450mm design with a carbon bed depth of 38mm.

One could also upgrade the air duct with someting more air tight and a 3 layer design. But you cannot compress these 3 layer air ducts as good as the 1 layer one. When the LED moves up later one has to change the duct for a shorter one or use a tent with more height (there are few 40x40x160cm tents)

1 Like

Any news on the fan? I received a notice that the fan is ready for shipment on June 22nd.
An update would be nice!

Yes, I have received the fans and they ship next week.

3 Likes

Great, thanks!

Have the fans shipped?

You should have an email with Tracking Nr.

These will start traveling tomorrow, some on Monday.

Awesome! Thank you so much! :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

My original fan stopped working and I was notified I would receive a replacement. I filled out the replacement request. Will this fan work when plugged into the computer?

Yes, it will work when plugged into the computer

Sorry, I must have missed shipping yours.

Hi Volker, I haven’t received my fan replacement. Do you have an email I can discuss how to fix my tent fan?

volker@tomatotent.com

I remember your’s did not work, sorry.

I will ship one out.

You then get the new one, quiet version.