🍅 TomatoTent Community

The Double Filter System

I’m working on bringing back the double Air filter system.

in the beginning, TomatoTent had a special LED light that could hold a 2nd air filter.

Because 2 air filters can remove the smell better than one.

Unfortunately, it was so hard to build and kept breaking during transport that I couldn’t continue making it.

But discretion is so important, so I have started re-making this double filter lamp.

Upgrading your existing tent

You may be worried that your tomatoTent doesn’t have the double filter.

But I will make an upgrade kit. If you are ok with some loosening/fastening of screws, you can upgrade your TomatoTent to this light. I am working on a way to make it as cheap as possible.

(Existing tents with a single filter can get upgraded).

What will it look like

Its made by a Chinese factory, and I’m publishing the progress report here;

It started with a drawing that I sent to china:

At first we had to find a case.

Making a new case is expensive (you need to make an expensive mold for the machine).

Eventually, the factory found that they had in the past made an Aluminum case that kind of fits the dimensions. And the mold was already done, so I can have the case made without paying for a mold.

Right now, as I’m writing this, the factory has sent me a first photo of the case. It just came hot out of the aluminum extruder.

There factory is slightly behind schedule, they seem busy and I hope it will all go well.

The new double Filter LED is planned to be ready in August 2020.

7 Likes

Looks good so far, @Volker.

Sounds good mate… Looking forward to it!!

Looks good @Volker, keep doing that amazing work.

Good job!

Will this be shipped with the May 10th orders?

EDIT: Nevermind - just reread the post :slight_smile:

Awesome, I’ll suggest to this version to replace the current metal chains for this version: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B07FCG38W2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A244HVFNQD3WM&psc=1 that is better to position inside of the mini grow tent. I bought for me this product and an extra ventilator also, both of them from Trafika.

2 Likes

I tried those pulley systems and they look good in theory, but in practice it’s not that much better. It’s hard to adjust each one to make sure the light is level. Also many of them the hooks are too small to use with the tent. Good luck though and let us know it works for you!

I bought some extra pulley hangers from Growers House with my second tent. They seem to be working ok so far. Not a lot of experience with them though.

I have since upgraded the chains to easier-to-use.

2 Likes

I can’t make a better review than this guy :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for the amazon delivery, chains anymore :smiley:

I installed two of those and it’s super easy to use!

1 Like

I think that’s the trick. Only use two. If you use four it’s a pain in the ass.

2 Likes

Ok, I will use these ratchets in the future. No more chains then.

1 Like

Here is my solution:

IMG_20200515_132200

3 Likes

:+1:

I look forward to the upgrade. Discretion is the better part of valor!

1 Like

Very good idea, I just orderd it. Thx

Very nice, Thx guys

1 Like

Sweet :smiley:

1 Like